Re: Jazz Chord Symbols (as new font - NOT notation font)

From: Marco Baumgartner
Subject: Re: Jazz Chord Symbols (as new font - NOT notation font)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 12:41:38 +0200

Hi Tyler,
it was from apt package. Which version would you recommend? I need to re-install anyway. I'm on Debian Linux, but I'm not a very skilled user.
Normally I install everything with apt-get install - only when I really have to, I do (or try) otherwise.

Marco

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 7:45 PM Tyler Mitchell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 03:29:00PM +0200, Marco Baumgartner wrote:
> Although my font (otf) HAS ligatures (and show up if the font is
> used on my system in other programs) - it doesn't show ANY
> ligatures in lilypond... Can't make it work as of now.
>
> I'm using 2.18.2 on Debian Linux with Frescobaldi.

Count me as one who says that ligatures are absolutely essential.
(I couldn't say whether it's a bug in LilyPond or not, but I
couldn't work without them.)

I've had this problem on OS X (as it then was). I have both the
official LilyPond binary installed in /Applications and a homebrew
version (can't remember whether bottled or compiled) installed in
/usr/local and one supports ligatures and one does not. (I'm away
from home at the moment and don't have access to that computer, so
I can't check which is which.)

Where did you obtain the LilyPond install from -- was it from apt
package or from the official distribution at lilypond.org?

Best regards,
Tyler