Re: Jazz Chord Symbols (as new font - NOT notation font)

From: Tyler Mitchell
Subject: Re: Jazz Chord Symbols (as new font - NOT notation font)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 13:54:11 -0700

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 12:41:38PM +0200, Marco Baumgartner wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
> it was from apt package. Which version would you recommend? I need to
> re-install anyway. I'm on Debian Linux, but I'm not a very skilled user.
> Normally I install everything with apt-get install - only when I really
> have to, I do (or try) otherwise.

The note on the download page says:

        "Many distributions include LilyPond within their normal
package repositories that are often significantly older than the
current stable version. While these older packages may be easier to
install, we strongly recommend that you use our generic packages."

I personally have never used LilyPond on Linux, only on Windows and
macOS, so I'm not sure which is best. But if you're not getting
ligatures with the one from apt, I'd try the LilyPond official one
and see how you fare.

Also it might be worth trying 2.19.83; you could possibly install
both 2.18.2 and 2.19.83 to different directories and have both
available to test.

Best regards,
Tyler