Re: GSoC 2016

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: GSoC 2016
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:08:36 +0100

Would it be an acceptable/interesting project to bring the ScholarLY
library to a finished state and (optionally) integrate it with LilyPond?

As far as I'm concerned and considering the feedback from users this
approach to annotating items in the score is very fruitful. However,
there are so many wishes that might someday be implemented or that
should actually be part of it. For example the possibility to include
score examples in annotations, print footnotes, flush annotations at the
end of the score, define annotations separately (through
edition-engraver), and presumably many more.

I think this should be a project that can be handled successfully in a
GSoC project (and most of it is *not* an all-or-nothing endeavour), and
I would be willing to mentor it.

Urs