Re: GSoC 2016

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: GSoC 2016
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 22:28:44 -0500

> On Jan 21, 2016, at 11:02 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> But I think *now* is the time to start thinking about possible projects
> for this instead of waiting for some students to show up out of the blue.
>
> What would be a suitable approach?
>
>  * Thinking about a number of tasks that
>    - would be good for us to promote and
>    - feasible as a GSoC project and
>    - would have a suitable mentor available
>  * Advertising these ideas (along with encouraging own ideas) on our
>    website and mailing list, other locations for developers, personal
>    relations ...
>
> Any opinions?

Sounds like a good plan.  Would the chord work that Harm and David K were
discussing recently make a good project?  There’s still work to do on MusicXML
import/export, and the others listed on the website.  I guess we should confirm
the mentor status for those ideas on the site and revise the listings
accordingly (“to be determined” or similar could be the status if no mentor is
currently available).

Other thoughts?

-Paul