Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 1295

From: dak
Subject: Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 12957047)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:00:30 +0000

On 2013/08/26 09:42:46, mike7 wrote:

In French there's a saying "Temporary solutions have a way of
becoming permanent", which is why I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Allow me to raise an eyebrow.

What we don't want is for people to start using the stencil
primitive if we know it's temporary.

That's bullshit since nobody assembles stencil expressions manually.
This is done using opaque functions like ly:stencil-translate.  If we
provide a respective function for creating this kind of expression,
swapping out the generated expression for something else will always
be possible.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12957047/