Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 1295

From: dak
Subject: Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 12957047)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 05:20:49 +0000

On 2013/08/26 04:51:50, mike7 wrote:
On 26 août 2013, at 07:36, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> On 2013/08/26 04:08:17, mike7 wrote:

>> > space.
> and
>> > we're trying
> replace
>> > the
>> >
>> > No, that is _absolutely_ not the general problem here.  The
general
>> > problem is: "how can we replace the outline/skylines of one
stencil
> with
>> > a different outline/skyline?"
>> >

>> It seems like what would make sense is for stencils to carry their
own
> skyline
>> information, much like they carry their own dimension information.
>
> So what?  Whether or not the skyline is cached or even persistent is
> completely orthogonal to the issue at hand, namely what we want to
be
> able to override a stencil's skyline in stencil-integration with.

It changes the amount of work required to arrive at a solution.

Indeed.  Instead of calling stencil-integrate on a "surrogate stencil"
or whatever for deriving a skyline, the respective stencil operation in
stencil-integrate will just plug in a a "surrogate skyline" directly
specified in the stencil operation and be done.

Which is less work.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12957047/