Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 1295

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 12957047)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 02:59:53 +0000

The cost-benefit balance shows extra memory use, against potential
gain that we have trouble imagining, so no net gain.

On 2013/08/25 08:22:01, mike7 wrote:

The necessity that comes to mind for the more general solution is the
work I did
on line spanners, where we often want different skyline padding for
the word in
the spanner and the line.

Note that my proposed reg-test included an example that was treated
that way, giving a bit of extra space around the .... portion,
without messing up the skyline spacing on the 'fa'

  f'2^\markup { \pad-to-box #'(0 . 6) #'(0 . 1) fa...... }

Adding the specified box to the skyline works for that.

That could be implemented by using the
skyline-stencil primitive as I've coded it in the most recent patch
set.

Demonstrate.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12957047/