Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:51:06 +0000

Comment #7 from Keith has not been addressed as far as I can see, but I
have to admit that I don't understand a thing from it, so I can't
estimate whether it is mistaken or indicates a real usage problem.

Other than that, it looks like a welcome simplification.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/9001/lily/axis-group-engraver.cc
File lily/axis-group-engraver.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/9001/lily/axis-group-engraver.cc#newcode122
lily/axis-group-engraver.cc:122: if (staffline_ &&
to_boolean(staffline_->get_property("remove-empty")))
If "sneaky callback" is a real concern, it would be feasible to just
store a copy of remove-empty in the engraver right after staffline_ has
been created.

However, I don't really think that a sneaky callback could cause any
awful effects: it would just likely remove a group too many or too few
because of missing or spurious bookkeeping.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/