Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:50:47 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/lily/axis-group-engraver.cc
File lily/axis-group-engraver.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/lily/axis-group-engraver.cc#newcode122
lily/axis-group-engraver.cc:122: {
The property haraKiri is misleadingly named (because it selects
book-keeping, not suicide) and is now redundant with
keepAliveInterfaces.

For backward-compatibility, with useful methods like
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user-fr/2012-08/msg00051.html>,
 I suggest leaving it defined as-is at Score level, with an override to
'() wherever we used Axis_group rather than Hara_kiri_engraver.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/context-mods-init.ly
File ly/context-mods-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/context-mods-init.ly#newcode23
ly/context-mods-init.ly:23: haraKiri = ##t
This could be
\unset KeepAliveInterfaces  % use default, set at Score level

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly
File ly/engraver-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode46
ly/engraver-init.ly:46: haraKiri = ##t
Why insert this line between the comment and the code being commented?

If we use keepAliveInterfaces instead, and leave it defined as-is at the
Score level, then we need nothing here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode89
ly/engraver-init.ly:89:
But here, we would want
  KeepAliveInterfaces = '()
to avoid the wasted book-keeping effort (as your boolean haraKiri
defaulting to false does in the current patch).

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode194
ly/engraver-init.ly:194:
and here

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode409