Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 06:04:44 +0000

On 25 janv. 2013, at 10:29, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> On 2013/01/25 08:05:28, Keith wrote:
>> Please demonstrate a sneaky callback messing things up.

Something to the effect of:

\override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-empty = #(lambda (grob)
(iterate-through-all-elements-and-get-Y-extent grob))

would do the trick.

That doesn't help; that just gives me
"Unbound variable: iterate-through-all-elements-and-get-Y-extent"

I vaguely understand the principle that you want to stick to, but if I
could create an example myself, to demonstrate why the principle is
valuable, I would not have needed to ask you to demonstrate.

The comment has the effect of saying: "Maintenance programmers, stay
away; Here be dragons."

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/