Re: MIDI remapping

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: MIDI remapping
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:07:25 +0000

snip ---- snip
> > In the mid 80's I wrote some Z80 assembler code to control a midi interface.
> > So I would be quite interested in a re-write of the lily midi code. But I am
> > not sure how many people would be interested.
>
> I think that improved MIDI output is one of the most-requested enhancements
> for LilyPond.  There would be *lots* of people interested in better MIDI.
> If you were interested and willing to take it over, that would be great.
>
> The problem is that right now, nobody is a champion for MIDI output.

Yes I would be interested in this. C++, scheme and Python aren't a
problem for me but I've not used git or Rietveld before, but it doesn't
look like there's anything very difficult there and I guess there are
plenty of people who will help if I get stuck.

The main thing for the moment will be getting to know the lily code.

Cheers

/Bernard