Re: MIDI remapping

From: c.m.bryan
Subject: Re: MIDI remapping
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:59:43 +0000

Dear Benkő and list,

Your example of comma tuning was indeed the ticket I needed!!  I knew
about the makam example in the lilypond manual for ages, but it didn't
click in my brain that it was actually specifying the pitch bends in
the midi output, and that I could tie any glyphs to any pitch shifts I
wanted.  WOW :)

I've adapted your file to 31 equal temperament. (The files are
attached for anyone who is interested.)  The only bug I have is that
is seems to be adding naturals to notes as if they were alterations
(i.e. with no key signature, a 'c' is typeset with a natural sign next
to it.)  I suppose I need to go to lilypond-user if I need help with
that, but if anyone wants to let me know if I've missed something
obvious, please do.

Now... I assume that the midi is still being handled with pitch bends.
 Any chance that it will work with the MIDI tuning standard anytime
soon?  Pretty please?  ;)