Re: Score follower

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Score follower
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:08:31 -0500

Konstantin,

I have a metadata patch floating around that can help you kludge your way
through this. It is not too hard, but will require some work:

1) Create a sort of metadata property for whatever grob you wanna trace.
2) for those grobs, create an override for the print method that first calls
the correct print method and then uses the generated stencil for xy coordinate
info, returning this stencil at the end of the function after having harvested
its coordinates. You can have pretty prints to the command line of the grobs'
metadata and coordinates, or you can write these to a file using Scheme.

If this sounds like Chinese, lemme know and I can try to cook up a simple proof
of concept depending on what you want to do.

Cheers,
Mike