Re: Score follower

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Score follower
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:40:14 -0700

On 1/5/11 8:44 AM, "Konstantin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> James <james.lowe <at> datacore.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=965
>>
>> I have tried this - I don't really use Linux but I managed to get this
>> working sort (as my Linux machine is in a VM I used similar tools on a
>> Mac), however I am not sure this is what you want?
> [snap]
>
> Hello James,
>
> thank you for this link. The problem there is: the "timing points" are not
> extracted from lilypond. They are manually created (with help of a python
> script). Second problem: the smallest graphical object is a complete system,
> but
> I need graphical (and acoustical) informations about every single scores.

Unfortunately, the information you wish to have is not available.

If you will search the threads about musicXML output, you will see that the
inability to couple musical information with graphical information is the
main obstacle to musicXML output.

The music information is available in the stream events.

The graphical information is available in the final output.

At present there is no way to connect the two.  Ideas have been given before
on the -devel lists.

I'm sorry there's not a better answer for you.

Carl