Re: critical issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:51:23 +0000

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 01:14:19PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> version, but this looks fine."  My intention was that, even if it
> was a minor bug, then someone had put work in recently to fix it.
> If someone else has just unpicked that, then this a Bad Thing and
> should be corrected.

I don't want to get bogged down with policy discussions right now;
let's postpone this discussion until after 2.14.  I've added it to
the GOP policy question list (along with other important
questions).

Go ahead and get your patch for
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-01/msg00053.html

As long as there's the "... can be subject ot change by the
development team", I think there's no short-term problem, and any
long-term issues are highly connected to other questions (like
"how often do we want stable releases" and "how picky should we be
with patches") that we're also postponing until after 2.14.

Cheers,
- Graham