Re: critical issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 03:20:03 +0000

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 03:15:22AM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 04:37:35PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> > "
> > Priority-Critical: LilyPond segfaults, a regression (see below)
> > against a previous stable version or a regression against a fix
> > developed for this version. This does not apply where the
> > "regression" occurred because a feature was removed deliberately -
> > this is not a bug.
> > "
>
> I'm not certain what "regression against a fix developed for this
> version" means.

Addendum: remember that any breakage in the regression tests is a
Critical issue.  So if this was an important fix or new feature,
then the programmer should have added a regtest, and any breakage
in that regtest would be a critical bug regardless of any text
like "regression against a fix developed for this version".

It's probably worth adding something about regtest breakage to the
policy.

Cheers,
- Graham