Re: critical issues

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:10:49 +0100 (CET)

> Look, we simply *cannot* offer users anything that would be
> "reasonable" by most standards.  We have "highly embarrassing" bugs
> from 2006 that we're not even *pretending* to be working on.  We've
> been in "release crunch" mode for at least six months.  The only
> glimmer of hope on the horizon is that, under the most strict
> interpretation of "critical regression", almost none of those bugs
> were introduced recently.  So there's a chance that once we "catch
> up" on the old critical regressions, we won't have many new ones,
> and thus we can move forward with a stable foundation.

What we would need is a payed full-time developer.  However, this is
expensive.  Assuming that the programmer has a family with children,
an appartment, etc., and to provide a reasonably good living for him
or her, this would be about 3000 Euros a month here in Austria or
Germany (one third of the amount would immediately vanish as taxes and
social security payments).

But maybe there is a group of LilyPond philanthropists who can afford
this and are willing to do so...

    Werner