Re: New predefined command

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: New predefined command
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:02:11 -0700

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:14 AM
>
>> What about
>>  \arpeggioParenOn
>>  \arpeggioParenOff
>> ?
>
> On/Off work well when there are just two possible states,
> but here we have the default, bracket and parenthesis
> states, so I don't like them here.

Actually, there are currently five possible states: default, up, down,
bracket, and parenthesis.  So we need to find a solution that will
take everything into account.

How about a compromise? -- Keep \arpeggioNeutral, but only use it to
revert \arpeggioUp and \arpeggioDown.  Then use \..Up and \..Down
commands for the bracket and parenthesis states:

\arpeggioUp
\arpeggioDown
\arpeggioNeutral
\arpeggioBracketOn