Re: New predefined command

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: New predefined command
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:18:04 +0100

Patrick McCarty wrote Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:24 AM

I have just documented the new "parenthesis" style arpeggio bracket
that Han-Wen created a while back.  Here is a link to the News item:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/topdocs/NEWS

Since it involves two \override commands, it might be nice to have a
predefined command for this new feature.  Is this a good idea?

Definitely!

I think an \arpeggioParen command might be suitable.

Looks good; it matches the existing \arpeggioBracket.
Should we modify the existing \arpeggioBracket to include
the override to 'X-extent?  Should we also define a command
to return to the default behaviour? \arpeggioDefault maybe? (\arpeggioNeutral reverts the stencil, but also reverts the direction,
so isn't quite right).

Thanks,
Patrick
Trevor