Re: Backporting doc changes to stable/2.10 [was: Re: Docs check-translat

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Backporting doc changes to stable/2.10 [was: Re: Docs check-translation]
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:15:00 +0100

John Mandereau wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> > For the backporting of docs, I'd just start by copying everything and
> > trying to build it with stable.  The skyline spacing docs obviously
> > won't work (so remove them from the backported docs), but AFAIK there
> > aren't any other new features in 2.11 that affect the docs.
>
> Copying everything is an idea. I prefer making a patch with Git, so it
> is easier to isolate changes and remove the hunks you don't want. That's
> what I did.
>
> Now, I must check with 'make web' before committing. Work in progress...
> In the future, I'll try to sync doc improvements as they are committed.

Done. I've also updated the French docs (tutorial and node names) in
stable/2.10, and cherry-picked check-translation and French updates to
master.

However, I won't backport "Overview of music functions", because it
involves Makefile/Scheme, and I'm afraid of breaking the stable branch.

I've noticed something very cool with check-translation and Git: as long
as you keep all branches in the same local repository, committishes used
to mark translations can belong to any branch, and check-translation may
output cross-branches diffs, it always shows what should be updated.
This is very cool when you often switch branches and cherry-pick.

--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>