Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 23:35:00 -0500

On Tue, September 17, 2019 7:59 pm, Leah Rowe wrote:

> meritocracy is silly in terms of advancing equality, because it
> implies an equal playing field - nothing is further from the truth
>
> women (and LGBT people, and black people etc) are routinely
> descriminated against, and less likely to get involved in tech.
>
> we need to spend more effort bringing such people into the movement.
> since you know, they actually form at least half the planet and have
> the same intelligence/potential.
>
> I say this as an LGBT person.
>
> If you have the choice between a more qualified male candidate and less
> qualified female candidate, hire the female candidate - and
> train/educate her. it's important.

I do have a priority to support these groups. But I have decided to stop
support for women. I have been attacked by them 3 times because I speak my
mind out. (I know I should speak less.) The other groups have taken my
opinions as such, not as personal attacks. A couple groups that defend
women's rights have attacked me instead of exchanging ideas and accepting
that I do not have to do as they wish unless they convince me. So I have
decided to remove my support for women unless one of these groups proves
they deserve my support again by being reciprocal in supporting my own
values and the people in our group instead of attacking us.