Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 01:59:47 +0100

meritocracy is silly in terms of advancing equality, because it
implies an equal playing field - nothing is further from the truth

women (and LGBT people, and black people etc) are routinely
descriminated against, and less likely to get involved in tech.

we need to spend more effort bringing such people into the movement.
since you know, they actually form at least half the planet and have
the same intelligence/potential.

I say this as an LGBT person.

If you have the choice between a more qualified male candidate and less
qualified female candidate, hire the female candidate - and
train/educate her. it's important.

--
Leah Rowe <info@minifree.org>
Company Director & Libreboot developer

Do you know you have rights?
The right to privacy, free speech, the right to read
and the right to learn. The right not to be spied on
and censored by the government.

Defend freedom. Use free (free as in freedom) software.
Spread freedom. Tell everyone you know about it!
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom.
Registered in England, registration No. 9361826
VAT Registration No. GB202190462
Minifree Ltd, 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island
Essex SS8 9QA, United Kingdom
United Kingdom