Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Diplomatic activism [was Re: Is Stallman nuts?

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Diplomatic activism [was Re: Is Stallman nuts?]
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 20:52:30 +0100

you should know, I used to be the "thug" type of activist. it took me a
long time to learn diplomacy, but over the years i have mastered the
art.

I've always seen the free software leadership (including RMS) as being
diplomatic (while not compromising), which is something that I respect.
I don't respect thuggish behaviour, because it is counter productive.

I fully expect that, regardless of RMS's position at the FSF, he'll
continue to do what he does. Afterall, he was never a paid employee of
the FSF and he mostly funded himself by e.g. charging conferences for
him to do talks at them

I wish him well.