Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Suggestions for a coding club that is just sta

From: brendanpmurray
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Suggestions for a coding club that is just starting?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 21:24:12 +0000

Thanks Mark, yes - we try to get them to look at alternatives to Windoze, but there's no pressure. While J.B.'s comments are great from a purist point of view, the OSS goal is orthogonal to the goal of teaching coding. It is not prescriptive, so there is no way on earth we would criticize any kid for their choices. If they learn to code that is a +!; if they also move to a free OS, that's great too, but not the goal. Notepad++ might depend on Windoze, but since 99.9999999999999% of the kids have laptops running w