[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Test email
Re: Test email
Thu, 09 Jul 2020 09:31:43 +0200
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/26.3 (gnu/linux)
Rafi Khan writes:
> Hi all,
> I am new to gnus and mailing lists and have just setup Emacs with GNUS
> and my email account.
> This is just a test email so that I can confirm things are setup as
Congratulations, it is working!
> Further, is there a guide I can read to learn more about how to use
> mailing lists? There's a lot of terminology in the gnus documentation
> which I am unfamiliar with such as "post", "news" and "group". Some of
> this can be inferred from the documentation and context but others are
> not so clear to me.
I don't know any, but I guess you are welcome to ask these things as you
That terminology comes from NNTP, which translated to today's terms
(although it is still in use, by the way) would be the (roughly)
equivalent of a forum read by "email". "Post" is still a post, a
message like this one; "news" would be the whole forum, hosting "groups"
— its channels, or mailing lists in email terms.
Re: Test email, Dmitry Alexandrov, 2020/07/09
- Test email, Rafi Khan, 2020/07/09
- Re: Test email,
Alberto Luaces <=
- Re: Test email, Rafi Khan, 2020/07/09
- Re: ‘Reply’ vs ‘followup’ (was: Test email), Dmitry Alexandrov, 2020/07/10
- Re: ‘Reply’ vs ‘followup’, Alberto Luaces, 2020/07/10
- Re: ‘Reply’ vs ‘followup’, Adam Sjøgren, 2020/07/10
- Re: ‘Reply’ vs ‘followup’, Rafi Khan, 2020/07/10