Re: [igraph] igraph visualization

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph visualization
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:30:15 +0100

Hi,

I have been using Cairo 1.12.16 and the corresponding Python interface happily on a Mac ever since OS X 10.6. All you have to do to make the plotting work is to install it somehow. I highly recommend using Homebrew for this; see the following page:

http://brew.sh

Once you installed Homebrew, you can simply type “brew install py2cairo” in the command line; Homebrew will download and compile Cairo and its Python interface as well as all the required dependencies. If you still want to go through all the hassle manually, here’s a script that’s supposd to work:

http://alexstroubleshooting.blogspot.hu/2012/05/installing-pycairo-or-py2cairo-on-os-x.html

Alternatively, there are pre-compiled binaries for Cairo:

http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks

(Note that the Cairo framework as published above requires the FreeType framework and the UnixImageIO framework so install those first). The Cairo framework in the above page should contain the Cairo module as well.

All the best,
—