Re: [igraph] igraph visualization

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph visualization
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:25:38 +0100

FWIW, I managed to run “brew install py2cairo” without having to install a brew-based Python. I simply added “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages” on my Python path and it imports the cairo module just fine.

This seems to be confirmed by Homebrew’s wiki:

If you have a brewed python, then the bindings are installed for that one. But if you don't have a brewed Python, Homebrew basically just uses the first python (and python-config) in your PATH. Check that by which python.

https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/wiki/Homebrew-and-Python#homebrew-provided-python-bindings

So, basically, I think you simply have to add /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages to your PYTHONPATH and you should be fine.

—