Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.91 (mingw32) is uploaded

From: fork
Subject: Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.91 (mingw32) is uploaded
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 21:11:30 +0000 (UTC)

John W. Eaton <jwe <at> octave.org> writes:

> I just installed miktex on my windows machine, but I am getting an error when
> | try to view "help somefunction".  Do I need to set an envar or something?
>
> How can anyone possibly know what the problem is if you don't say
> precisely what the error is?

No need for emotion, I just forgot to cut and paste...

1> help sum
Unsupported operation system version (4.0).
warning: help: Texinfo formatting filter exited abnormally; raw Texinfo source o
f help text follows...

`sum' is a built-in function

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.