Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.91 (mingw32) is uploaded

From: fork
Subject: Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.91 (mingw32) is uploaded
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 00:00:19 +0000 (UTC)

John W. Eaton <jwe <at> octave.org> writes:

> If you type C-x k (two characters, C-x and k), you should get a list
> of all the keybindings.  Look in the list for "quoted-insert".  On my
> system, it says

I get nothing.  Windows issue?

> Then if you add
>
>   $if Octave
>   "\C-p": history-search-backward
>   $endif
>
> does the up arrow behave as you expect?

Yep. Nice.  I will do the same with "\C-n"

> The disadvantage the arrow key sending C-p is that you won't be able
> to use C-p for previous-history, though maybe this won't matter much
> to you since history-search-backward works like previous-history if
> the cursor is at the beginning of the line.

Yeah, seems to work fine.  I think this is all worth documenting / dealing with
for the windows users of the future...  I don't know if it is a non-standard
terminal that was built with  thanks!

(I tried to submit a bug, but got fed up with savannah -- it may or may not have
gone through).

(print (gcf, 'foo.jpg', '-djpg') doesn't print the file still, but that is for
tomorrow....)