help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] mysql module error

From: Scott Lambert
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] mysql module error
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:51:44 -0500

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 12:07:34PM +0300, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> > May 09 23:54:11 Main.error: Cannot load module mysql: symbol
> > dispatch_tab not found
> >
> > followed by:
> >
> > May 09 23:54:11 Main.warning: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sqlserver:11:
> > Unsupported SQL interface
> >
> > I assume the second is due to the module not loading correctly.
>
> Quite right.
>
> > Any hints if I want to work on this with the FreeBSD port maintainer?
>
> Actually, I don't know what's the difference between the FreeBSD port and
> original package, so I can hardly be of any help here. Technically
> speaking, "dispatch_tab" is a symbol in an extension module that
> points to the dispatcher table for the functions provided by that
> module. The symbol is looked up using libtool wrappers, which follow
> certain conventions regarding public symbols in .so files (see
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#Module-loaders-for-libltdl,
> for the detailed description). For example, the actual symbol name for
> "dispatch_tab" in mysql.so module is "mysql_LTX_dispatch_tab". If
> FreeBSD's port of libltdl does not follow this convention, you will get
> the `dispatch_tab not found' error.

The, as of last night, maintainer, Vsevolod Stakhov, of the
net/gnu-radius port OPTIONized, un-BROKEN'ed, and generally cleaned up
the port May 5.

As part of that commit, he added USE_LIBTOOL_VER=15 to the port
Makefile, which is where most of the ports tree seems to be headed.  If
I comment out that line in the Makefile, gnu-radius seems to build with
the included libtool 1.4.3.  The mysql module then works for me.

address@hidden