help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] 3Com Wireless AP7250

From: zamri
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] 3Com Wireless AP7250
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:01:55 +0800

1) When I used MAC Address as a username/password pair login is Ok

#/usr/etc/users
0012a94e9707    Auth-Type = Local,
                User-Password = 0012a94e9707
                        Service-Type = Login-User

/var/log/radius.log
May 19 17:10:36 Auth.notice: (Access-Request noc 2 "0012a94e9707"): Login
OK [0012a94e9707/0012a94e9707]

2) but when i used username/password this way Login is incorrect

#/usr/etc/users
zamri           Auth-Type = Local,
                User-Password = password,
                        Service-Type = Login-User

/var/log/radius.log
May 19 16:21:59 Auth.notice: (Access-Request noc 6 "zamri"
CLID=0012a94e9707 CSID=0012a90641a3): Login incorrect [zamri/]

My question is why my AP not sending the password to RADIUS, FYI I'm using
3Com Wireless AP7250, hopefully anyone using the same devive can share the
exprience with me. Accoring to 3Com their device is compatable with
RFC2866, but i not going thru the RFC yet.

 Affinbank Bhd
"Banking without barriers"

the system manager.