help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] mysql module error

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] mysql module error
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:07:34 +0300

Hi Charles,

> May 09 23:54:11 Main.error: Cannot load module mysql: symbol
> dispatch_tab not found
>
> followed by:
>
> May 09 23:54:11 Main.warning: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sqlserver:11:
> Unsupported SQL interface
>
> I assume the second is due to the module not loading correctly.

Quite right.

> Any hints if I want to work on this with the FreeBSD port maintainer?

Actually, I don't know what's the difference between the FreeBSD port and
original package, so I can hardly be of any help here. Technically
speaking, "dispatch_tab" is a symbol in an extension module that
points to the dispatcher table for the functions provided by that
module. The symbol is looked up using libtool wrappers, which follow
certain conventions regarding public symbols in .so files (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#Module-loaders-for-libltdl,
for the detailed description). For example, the actual symbol name for
"dispatch_tab" in mysql.so module is "mysql_LTX_dispatch_tab". If
FreeBSD's port of libltdl does not follow this convention, you will get
the `dispatch_tab not found' error.

Of course, there may be other reasons, too.

Regards,
Sergey