Re: [Help-glpk] xmalloc: no memory available

From: Matthieu Bollot
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] xmalloc: no memory available
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 01:23:25 +0300

Le Mardi 25 decembre 2007 a 01:51 +0300, Andrew Makhorin a ecrit :
> > '--check' doesn't change anything.
> > Model has been successfully generated
> > xmalloc: no memory available
>
> This may only mean that the translator successfully generated the
> model, however, there was not sufficient memory to transform the
> generated model to the glpk problem object.
>
> Is it expected that the model has large size? "Large" means here
> that the model has more than 100,000 variables and constraints and
> more than 500,000 non-zero constraint coefficients. If so, you need
> more memory. If not, there is something wrong in the model; try to
> check it on data of smaller size.

Yep, it works with 2GB of memory, with small datas so I really need to
simplify my model...

(As I said somewhere else in the thread, I would like to have something
like that :
subject to cont7 {i in 1..nbjob, j in 1..nbopparjob[i], k in
1..nbmachines, t in 1..BS-1} :
if (x[i,j,k,t]-x[i,j,k,(t+1)] == 1) then tpsopparjob[i,j]+sum{l in
1..nbmachines, r in (t+2)..BS}x[i,j,l,r]<=tpsopparjob[i,j]; )