Re: [Help-glpk] xmalloc: no memory available

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] xmalloc: no memory available
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:22:58 +0300

> On solving it. The file is about 30 lines long. glpsol works for about
> 3-4 minutes until 400Mo of RAM (but not sure about the real value I can
> watch them exactly if it is useful)

> And it seems that it is able to run all the "subject to" but after that
> I've got the malloc error.

> I mean that on log I've got :
> subject to const1
> subject to const2
> subject to constx
> subject to consty
> malloc error

> and withtout consty I've got
> subject to const1
> subject to const2
> subject to constx
> malloc error

Looks like the error happens on generating the model. Try to run
glpsol with the option '--check', and if there will be the same
picture, check constraints 'constx' and 'consty' as well as sets,
parameters, and/or variables they refer to more carefully.

If you wish, you can post your model to me. Then I could say
something more definite.

Andrew Makhorin