Re: [Help-glpk] xmalloc: no memory available

From: Matthieu Bollot
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] xmalloc: no memory available
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:32:31 +0100

Le Mardi 18 décembre 2007 à 23:17 +0300, Andrew Makhorin a écrit :
> > I've got a model which needs a lot of RAM, event with a few datas, and
> > I've got a "xmalloc: no memory available". But it seems that it doesn't
> > use all my RAM is it limited to 512RAM or something ? (may be it's
> > freebsd which limits it ?)
>
> > Have you got any advice about it ?
>
> > I can see 3 possibilities (may be 4):
> > - glpsol using all my RAM (and my swap). --memlim nnn seems to allow
> > less RAM but not more RAM.
> > - glpsol doing some clustering. Is there any project about it ? any way
> > to do that ?
> > - change my model (of course) but it's not the purpose of what I should
> > do.
> > -I've got 7 constraints, may be it would be possible to separate
> > them/stock them and merge them ? (I don't really know how glpsol works
> > but it seems to be possible)
>
> On which stage this happens? On generating the model or on solving it?

On solving it. The file is about 30 lines long. glpsol works for about
3-4 minutes until 400Mo of RAM (but not sure about the real value I can
watch them exactly if it is useful)

And it seems that it is able to run all the "subject to" but after that
I've got the malloc error.

I mean that on log I've got :
subject to const1
subject to const2