gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] New PEG: containment--benja

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] New PEG: containment--benja
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:47:16 +0200

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 05:33:02PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>
> >>*If* you are viewing d.contain and d..contain-list. I think if you
> >>expect a user to understand d.contain and d..contain-list, you can
> >>expect them to understand about d.clone as well. Especially since if
> >>you're viewing d.contain and d..contain-list, you *see* the difference
> >>(that this cell already has connections on these dimensions)!
> >>

> >The keys work even if you don't view those dims, right?
>
> Sure. They put one cell into another cell; the result the user expects
> is that the one cell's text appears *inside* the other cell. The
> d.contain etc. connections are internal-- like the clone dimension when
> you use the 't' key.

About that also: it's vital to show that that text is somehow "specially"
inside there; it behaves so differently from the rest.

I can imagine the user trouble: "I accidentally hit some key and now
there's text there that I can't remove. What's going ON?".

That might be a good enough reason, actually, to make these keys optional
and non-default, until the user interface is polished... Such that they
are on when -Dgzz.containment=1 is used.

        Tuomas