gpsd-users

Re: Strangeness with speed

From: Владимир Калачихин
Subject: Re: Strangeness with speed
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 23:35:25 +0300

15.02.2022 21:38, Gary E. Miller пишет:

Sorry, I read my emails in reverse order, and did not expect this email
train.

No problem.

So instead of this:

$GPRMC,114618.00, ...
$GPGGA,114618.00, ...
$GPRMC,114618.00, ...
$GPGGA,114618.00, ...

This:

$GPRMC,114618.01, ...
$GPGGA,114618.01, ...
$GPRMC,114618.02, ...
$GPGGA,114618.02, ...

That way gpsd knows which GPRMC belongs with which GPGGA.

I'm sorry, Gary, but it doesn't make any difference.

First: the time on this file is not constant - it changes every second.
Second: this file is understood by gpsd fine.

Strangeness occurs only if several GGA sentences have the same time within the current second. If time in the past - no problem with same times.

But now I understand that speed == 0 if two consecutive GGA sentences have the same time is normal, not strangeness. Strangeness is that speed == null if gpsd receives a few GGA sentences with consecutive timestamps. Did you say that the speed should be calculated? This is not happening at least for gpsd 3.20

Владимир Калачихин