gpsd-users

Re: Strangeness with speed

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Strangeness with speed
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:38:23 -0800

Yo Владимир!

Sorry, I read my emails in reverse order, and did not expect this email
train.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:14:55 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 14.02.2022 23:41, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> > Fix your input.
>
> I don't quite understand how.

Every new epoch (set of fix data), needs a unique time.  You can't have
all the GPRMC have the same time.  It confuses the way gpsd decides
when to compute data, and when to send data eports.

So instead of this:

$GPRMC,114618.00, ...
$GPGGA,114618.00, ...
$GPRMC,114618.00, ...
$GPGGA,114618.00, ...

This:

$GPRMC,114618.01, ...
$GPGGA,114618.01, ...
$GPRMC,114618.02, ...
$GPGGA,114618.02, ...

That way gpsd knows which GPRMC belongs with which GPGGA.

> First time I just change a time to current for every sentence in the
> real NMEA log. And have two speeds in gpsd output - one from RMC and
> one == 0, replacing each other.
> Without change the time - in gpsd output present speed from RMC only.

Garbage in, garbage out.  If you don't provide good input, you will
get bad output.

> I want to create min NMEA flow from GGA and RMC sentences and current
> time which would be understood by gpsd correctly.

So, go do so.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588