gpsd-users

Re: Cross compile gpsd-3.20.1~dev for arm with buildroot

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: Cross compile gpsd-3.20.1~dev for arm with buildroot
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:35:54 -0400

Usually when I see this, it's a python2 vs 3 issue:

For instance, if you build scons from python (i.e. python2, which often the default python), it will install the 'gps' package to python2-- the same version as built it.    If you then run "python3 -c 'import gps' " it fails because 'gps' wasn't installed -- for THAT python version.

So, that's the first thing I'd check.

Daniel Williams  |  Software Engineer