gpsd-users

Re: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 10:50:13 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

>> so i set up gpsd with rinex to output an epoch every 1s. For my
>> application, pretty fast moving, it would be great to output data
>> more often then every 1s, say every 100ms. The Gps, a u-blox F9, is
>> certainly fast enough, to acquire enough raw data - 40hz are the max
>> for HW.
>
> I know of no service that can use RINEX data to faster than 1 HZ.
> Most only use one fix every 30 seconds.
>
> What consumer do you have of RINEX that can use faster than 1Hz data?

A fair question, but:

  NRCAN PPP in kinematic mode will produce positions at 1s intervals

  it seems conceptually sensible to do kinematic PPP at 0.1s

as for float, I would avoid that to stay away from possible rounding
issues.  Since you found RINEX talks about ms, that sounds sensible if
we go there at all.

Felix could try to

  set receiver to 40 Hz or something via commands

  capture raw ubx data w/o using gpsd

  process that at NRCAN PPP and see if it works

and if so, I'd that's evidence this is useful.