gpsd-users

gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval

From: felix
Subject: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 22:19:03 +0200

Hi,

so i set up gpsd with rinex to output an epoch every 1s. For my application, pretty fast moving, it would be great to output data more often then every 1s, say every 100ms. The Gps, a u-blox F9, is certainly fast enough, to acquire enough raw data - 40hz are the max for HW.

In the the current 3.20 code the --interval seems to be clipped to 1, as  internally time is kept as an integer in seconds:

if (sample_interval < 1)
    sample_interval = 1;

from (https://fossies.org/linux/gpsd/gpsrinex.c)

Would it require a lot of changes to track time internally not in seconds but in nanoseconds, so that we would get more precise control over epoch duration? e.g. gpsrinex -i 0.1 Are there any fundamental reasons that make this hard or impossible?

Cheers Felix