gpsd-users

Re: RTK Fix woes again

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RTK Fix woes again
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:16:13 -0700

Yo pisymbol!

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 08:51:13 -0400
"pisymbol ." <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > However if I pipe the GGA raw NMEAs:
> > I need the ENTIRE raw data.
> Alright, but keep in mind the ONLY two sentences the Trimble is
> configured to send are RMC and GGA and the unit is stationary. But I
> can get you the RMC strings too. Stand by (the unit is remote).

Looking forward to it.  You'd be surprised how many ways two simple
strings can be composed.

> > Are you also having the Trimble send TSIP?  If not, why not?
> Wanted the minimal amount of strings necessary for our application.
> What does TSIP give me?

Hard to say until I see your data, NMEA and TSIP.  Often the binary
is more accurate, better defined, and arriaves faster on the
serial link.

> > Yes, but what do the other messages show?  Can you please send a
> > complete set of raw data?  Often receivers send conflicting messages
> > and gpsd has to flip a coin as to which to beleive.
> >

> I thought of this but I didn't see anything in the RMC string that is
> remotely related to fix quality.

Look again.  Remember that RMC stands for Required Minimum C.  It is
often all you get, so gpsd has to find fix quality in there.  When
I get your raw data I'll show you.

> I have to see if it emits TSIP at
> 10Hz like the NMEAs though (probably).

The binary is more compact, so better for high speed over slow serial.

> Alright, let me get you those RMC strings.

And toss in some TSIP so we can see the differences.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588