gpsd-users

Re: RTK Fix woes again

From: pisymbol .
Subject: Re: RTK Fix woes again
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:37:14 -0400

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 2:23 PM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo pisymbol!

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 09:42:39 -0400
"pisymbol ." <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> And as I press send I was sent a 10s gpspipe log. See attached.

I'll put the two pieces together as they tell different stories.

One thing I realize is that fix quality should probably be more of a heuristic than a simple equality, i.e. if multiple strings disagree, we need a policy on how to handle that better. Do you agree?

> This was very difficult due to weather conditions and the placement
> of the device:

Hmm.  Maybe that says you need to improve your device setup?  This
should be hands-off 24x7 and stable.

Also, have you bothered to check that your RTK actually does you
any good?  Like running gpsprof with, and without, the RTK?  Unless
your baseline is very short (meters) all your effort is wasted.

COVID19 is effecting everyone in different ways. Including this yellow can!

Bottom line though is we absolutely NEED RTK FIX. Full stop. (and yes we check accuracy using Trimble tools since it's on the Trimble network).

-aps