Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Docker

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Docker
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 22:54:37 -0400

  > It is not the same arguments, as in Parabola, docker has been patched
  > not to refer to docker hub by default. It's not patched yet in other
  > FSDG distributions though.

  > So docker is configured not to refer to any third party repositories by
  > default. The user then has to specify the full URL of the image (like
  > with 'docker pull registry-1.docker.io/pureos/byzantium').

Docker is one of the many package manager systems that we will need to
address one by one.  (I expect that we will find that the differences
between them lead to a need for different solutions.)

It is exciting news, that Parabola has fixed Docker already.
Can you say more about that fix>  We should verify it reqlly does
the job.

If so, maybe we should explain to all free distros how to fix it that way.