Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU copyright assignment

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU copyright assignment
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:26:21 +0200 (CEST)

> Out of curiosity, who approves of the copyright assignment to the FSF?
> Who doesn't approve? Who doesn't care?

Can anyone actually give a sample for such a copyright assignment form? As
far as I'm concerned, the copyright assignment is not possible as such
because I am a German citizen, and there are two relevant rights here:
 * Urheberrecht (copyright?)
 * Nutzungsrecht (right to use the stuff)

The former ("Urheberrecht") is non-transferable, so if I sign a form
transferring it, afaik it has no legal binding. The FSF Europe has
published a form [FLA]
http://www.germany.fsfeurope.org/projects/fla/fla.en.html
to transfer the appropriate rights in the European legislation, but
someone said that we [Germans] would sign the American form. Well, I
dunno.

Anyway, the insecurity about the process seems to be much greater than for
US citizens, and since there doesn't seem to be much interest in the win32
stuff I did [which is the only possibly significant contribution as far as
I am concerned] I've decided to not pursue this issue any further right
now.

johannes