[Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:19:52 +0900

"Mike Carifio" <address@hidden> writes:
> I did search the list archive first and I know there's been some
> previous discussion about some of the file and directory names such as
> '{arch}'.

See:  http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/FunkyFileNames

In the case of {arch}, the most important issue is avoiding collisions
with source-tree filenames (so for instance, "arch" or "ARCH" are right
out, and probably ".arch" as well -- the word "arch" is far too common).

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo