[Gnu-arch-users] newbies should neither be seen nor heard

From: Mike Carifio
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] newbies should neither be seen nor heard
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:52:29 -0400

I did search the list archive first and I know there's been
some previous discussion about some of the file and directory
names such as '{arch}' (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/).
Could someone point me at the rationale, if any, for the names? I do
know, for example, that bash won't complete names w/ '=' as the prefix,
e.g. '=id'. This is a small quibble and I don't want to get flamed for
it. But I am curious.