[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Semi-severe bug in tla-cygwin 1.2.1-dirnames

From: lode . leroy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Semi-severe bug in tla-cygwin 1.2.1-dirnames
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:10:27 +0200 (CEST)

> First, the original tar extraction doesn't seem to be path-compressing the
> files. So
it now will fail if there are old patch-logs with long pathnames in them.

I fixed the first problem: while upgrading tar, and applying the
pathcompress-patch
manually, I missed the mkdir's... I need to annotate
each mkdir by 3 calls, and only added 1. This only affects the =dirnames
version, which
I didn't test enough. Should be fixed now.

> As near as I can tell, the current diff is doing weird things when facing
> files with
CR/LF versus just plain CR. I personally try to keep all of my files with CR
only, but
since I'm on windows every so often one slips through.

tla does not handle the CR/LF problem /AT ALL/.
I'll see if diff can be changed to ignore the CR/LF...
but in the end, this is a shortcomming in the tla ...

-- lode

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be