Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Semi-severe bug in tla-cygwin 1.2.1-dirnames

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Semi-severe bug in tla-cygwin 1.2.1-dirnames
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:24:13 +0200

Lode,

> tla does not handle the CR/LF problem /AT ALL/.
> I'll see if diff can be changed to ignore the CR/LF...
> but in the end, this is a shortcomming in the tla ...

You may have to tell patch to read files in binary, then the diff/patch
combination should do the right thing (keep line endings as they are,
not change them in any way, even if a file has mixed endings).
I "solved" this by going through vu everywhere, that way open(...,"r")
and open(...,"rb") are identical.

johannes