Re: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW POLICIES (draft)

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW POLICIES (draft)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 03:20:53 -0500

Harald Meland <address@hidden> writes:

> [Thomas Lord]
>
>> My intention is to write a series of coding and participation
>> standards for those projects which I maintain, that's all.
>
> I'd guessed as much.  What I'm trying to say is that if
> e.g. "stds--rel-src-mgmt" and "stds--hackerlab" branches appear in the
> same archive, and represent completely disparate (arch-merge-wise)
> version-controlled trees, that would conflict with my current
> understanding of the "Best practice for using the Arch namespace".

I imagine what Tom has laid out shouldn't simply be viewed as "best
practice for using the arch namespace", but instead more specifically
as "*the* practice for using the arch namespace *when working on
arch*".  If a similar idea works for your projects, terrific, if not,
don't try forcing a square peg into a round hole.